Monday, August 6, 2007

Running for My Life

Greetings,
its been an amazing 2 years for me as of today (Aug 6th 2007). Got kickstarted on running again, got my Polar HRM, and actually hit the road with some seriousness. On National Day 2005, actually got up in the morning, something I had not done since NS, and did 6 km, the longest distance I have run in years and years.

Over the ensuing months, lost 12 kg, completed my first 10km (SCSM 2005), and signed up for the 2006 Virginia Beach Marathon. To my knowledge, I was the only Singaporean at the race, which I completed in 4:32. Next stop, Chicago, done and dusted at 4:28. My wife had her own marathon up and down the Magnificent Mile.

Running has been an incredible change agent for me. If you are a doubter and reading this for the first time, don't wait anymore. Buy a pair of shoes and JUST DO IT!

No comments: